5. Niagara Falls also has a number of attractions that appeal to nature lovers, featuring birds, butterflies and elaborately designed parks and gardens. Please provide us with further information about these attractions.
I would suggest checking out the following websites for more information on these great attractions:
Most of the gardens in the Niagara Parks system can be accessed free of charge. For example, their School of Horticulture, the Greenhouse Collection, Queen Victoria Park, and many others.
One of the many wineries in the region
6. What kind of museums and locations of historic interest does Niagara Falls, Ontario, have to offer?
We have several museums in and around Niagara Falls. The Clifton Hill area is filled with many novelty museums including Louis Tussaud’s, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Guinness World Records Museum and a few haunted houses sprinkled in. The Lundy’s Lane Historical Museum houses memorabilia from the War of 1812. One of the battlefields of that war is also located on Lundy’s Lane and is said to be one of the most haunted cemeteries in Canada. The Laura Secord Homestead is also open to the public as are two forts – one in Niagara-on-the-Lake and one in Fort Erie. Both were strategic outposts for British troops fighting the attempted invasion from the US.
Niagara Falls’ horticulture is renowned
7. Niagara Falls, Ontario, offers many opportunities to travellers who like the casino and gaming experience. Please tell us more.
Niagara Falls is home to two Casinos: Casino Niagara and Fallsview Casino Resort. The Fallsview Casino is a showpiece in and of itself. It houses over 3000 slot machines and 150 game tables, world-class big-name entertainment in the Avalon Ballroom, and great shopping in the Galleria Mall.
Sculpture in the Galleria Shopping Mall at the Fallsview Casino Resort
8. What other entertainment options and attractions does Niagara Falls, Ontario, have to offer? What are some of the main entertainment areas? What about theme parks?
Clifton Hill offers great family entertainment: museums, arcades, rides including the newest arrival: the SkyWheel (a ferris wheel which is a smaller version of the EYE in London with air conditioned and heated pods providing great views of the Falls).
The Niagara SkyWheel, beautifully lit up at night
Many of our hoteliers are opting to add or build indoor waterparks to add to their existing offerings. We have the Great Wolf Lodge Resort, Waves at the Americana Resort and the Sheraton on the Falls Fallsview Waterpark. All three provide visitors with indoor thrills for year-round fun. They each have several waterslides, a wave pool and the mandatory “Giant Bucket”. The Fallsview and Waves are both open to the public.
The Clifton Hill entertainment area
9. What options are there for nightlife in Niagara Falls, Ontario? What about theatre offerings, shows and special performances?
Nightlife is fantastic here in Niagara. In addition to the great outdoor and indoor pubs, clubs and karaoke bars, we have several great shows available. The Oh Canada, Eh? Dinner Theatre features great Canadian music paired with a fantastic dinner. Greg Frewin is a master magician whose show is sure to please the entire family. We also have several comedy shows and blockbuster performances at the Fallsview Casino.
The International Grand Champion of Magic, Greg Frewin